I found two delicious recipes I used for two different parties recently. One is an appetizer and the other is a not too sweet punch(don't let the name get you..it isn't only for Mardi Gras)!!! Both are super simple to make...so if you are having a party...try them!!!
Curried Shrimp Tarts

Ingredients
1 cup chopped cooked shrimp (I used canned shrimp because they are small)
1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened3 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/2-3/4 teaspoon curry powder (
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
15 -30 mini-phyllo pastry shells
2 1/2 tablespoons jarred mango chutney
Toppings: chopped fresh chives, toasted sweetened flaked coconut
Preparation
Stir together first 6 ingredients. Spoon mixture into pastry shells. Spoon 1/2 tsp. mango chutney over each tart; sprinkle with desired toppings.
Mardi Gras Madness Punch
Ingredients:
1 (40 ounce) bottles grape juice
1 (48 ounce) cans unsweetened pineapple juice
1 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored soda
2 oranges or 2 lemons
2 limes
750 ml vodka (optional) **I didn't use due to type of party**
Directions:
Add liquids in order given.
Float slices of oranges and limes on top.



No comments:
Post a Comment