Friday, July 6, 2012

Easy Strawberry Cream Pie!!

Yep, there's a theme going on with my posts....PIE!!!  I just have to share this recipe with you as well because it is so easy to make, looks yummy and tastes delicious.  I made this for our Family 4th gathering and it was gone in a heartbeat!!  I found it at Chef in Training's website.  She has loads of wonderful recipes and so far each one I've made has been awesome!

Easy Strawberry Cream Pie






Ingredients:

1 cooked pie crust Cook according to pie crust directions. My favorite is Pillsbury brand
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
18-20 strawberries cut in halves
1 Tbsp. shortening or oil
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Instructions:

Cook your pie crust according to package or your favorite recipes directions. Let cool.
Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in sugar and vanilla.
Fold cream cheese mixture into the beaten heavy whipped cream. until evenly combined.
Spoon into cooled pie crust.
Arrange strawberries over the top of filling.
Melt 1 Tbsp shortening or oil and 1/2 cup chocolate chips in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries.
Refrigerate.

No comments: