Yesterday, Prissy, sent me an email about pre-sale of tickets for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra coming to a venue in our area. After discussing times and checking out Ticketmaster's website, we decided... YES we want to go!!! The event isn't until December but in our area if you don't pre-buy tickets...well you might as well forget about going.
With a go ahead from Harley Man and Avett Man (Prissy's hubby) cause they had to check their work schedules, it was up to me to secure the tickets. No problem, I'm pretty computer savvy and I have ordered tickets online before (never mind it's been several years ago) so this should be a breeze!
Okay, so I select the tickets I want and I'm going into Ticketmaster to purchase the tickets. Hmm, have to enter the user name and password...oh my gosh...what is my password??? So I try what I think it might be....no luck. So I get a temp emailed to me and enter it. Here we go...just few seconds and the tickets are mine. What??? Now I have to enter the credit card number that's on file??? WHAT??? I have no idea which credit card it is. So I scurry down to my purse and grab the one I think...enter the number. NO...that's not it???? Holy cow, the little timer is counting down on the ticket seats I want and I can't get into my account to purchase them!!!!
So I scurry back down to my purse and grab the other card. Enter the number and NO...that's not it???? Geez... Then a message pops up saying I can enter the number one more time...if that's not it...the account gets locked. Meantime that little counter is almost done. Okay, I'll try this again and so I search for the tickets once more, press the button to purchase, get to my account information, enter the temp password...WHAT??? I have to request another temp password cause the one sent has timed out?????????????
Again, I send for the temp password, enter it and get to that darn screen again about the card on file!!!! You've got to be kidding me???? Suddenly, a little message appears (actually I think it was there the whole time but my ADD wouldn't let me see it!) to press here to delete the info on file and you can get into your account. So I press it, reset the password, enter the new card info...all the while the little counter is clicking away and there's a minute left to finish the transaction!!!!!!!!!
Once I get the info in, saved...I get to the purchase button...press that sucker and WHAM...the tickets are mine!!!! The nightmare is over!!!!! Whoop, Whoop success at last!!! (Never mind it took me 30+ minutes cause I've tried to call Prissy in between attempts, Harley Man calls on the phone to just talk and then Prissy calls me back cause I've been trying to call her, AGGHHH...all the while that little counter keeps counting down like no tomorrow!!!)
Yes, I printed out the tickets, wrote the date on the calendar and where I put the tickets, entered the date in my Blackberry along with the location of the tickets and saved a copy of the tickets in a file on my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY I AM GOING TO LOSE THOSE TICKETS!!
By the way Ticketmaster...you owe me a processing fee and my salary for the 30 minutes I spent trying to buy those darn online tickets!!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment