On Wednesdays...I will answer one or two
of your questions or find the answer to your question...lol!! Just remember to keep the questions "family friendly", nothing inappropriate please!!!
Last week, I did have a question from Debbie over at Mccormick Madness!!!
"So you are a biker babe?lol My mother used to ride a motorcycle
( along with my dad) She quit riding just a few years ago. She just turned 70.
I think it is awesome you ride.
I have a question. How do you feel about homeschool?
I have a question. How do you feel about homeschool?
As a previous educator I'm curious how you and other teachers react and feel about homeschooling.
I don't homeschool my kids. Although I have entertained the idea a few times. "
First of all, thank you Debbie for leaving a question!!! Not sure I fit the profile of biker babe, lol, but yes I do ride my own motorcycle. At the age of 49, I decided to get my motorcycle endorsement and by my 50th birthday, I was riding my second motorcycle!! Hopefully, I'll still be riding at 70!!
Now on to your question: How do I feel about homeschooling? Well, two of my nephews and a niece were homeschooled and I admire any parent who wants to take on the task. It requires true dedication for both the child and parent. Homeschooling requires lots of planning, organization, uninterrupted teaching time and access to an abundance of resources and materials. Parents I know who homeschool also seek out community activities for their children to participate in so they have opportunities to work/play with other children. Homeschooling is no easy task.
As an educator, I taught students who'd been homeschooled for a brief period and as an administrator I welcomed students into our school who had been homeschooled for several years. In my community we have many children homeschooled and they have excelled in their schooling. I believe most educators do not have any negative ideas about homeschooling...we all want the same thing...for every child to reach their full potential and become life long learners regardless of where they receive their education.
Parents are the first teacher a child has and I support any parent who feels educating their child at home is best for their child.


1 comment:
My question is How can you lean into the turn on a bike? Lol. I am a terrible passenger. I just can't do it. As soon as the bike leans, I automatically lean the other way. No wonder no one will take me riding! Lol
Post a Comment