Friday, November 11, 2011

Food Friday #6


My step-granddaughter, KK, loves broccoli....not just a little...she will order broccoli over any other side be it fries, chips, etc.  So I've been going through some of my old recipes to find a way to fix broccoli for Thanksgiving. I found a family favorite which I plan to make for her this year.  Maybe you have a broccoli lover at your house too, if so I'll share the recipe with you!!


Broccoli Casserole











Ingredients:
1 package (10 ounces) frozen, chopped broccoli
1/2 cup mushroom soup
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon fresh onion
1/2 cup grated sharp cheese
1 beaten egg
1 cup Ritz crackers, crumbled
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine


Directions:
Cook broccoli for 5 minutes in boiling water.
Drain and then steam broccoli over boiling water 10 minutes
Mix soup, mayonnaise, onion, cheese, egg with broccoli
Mix crumbled Ritz crackers and butter/margarine together.
Sprinkle crumbled Ritz crackers over the top
Place in small casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy! I might have to try it tonight for dinner! :)

Thank you so much for linking up for our hop! I'm your newest follower! Would love if you would stop by when you get a chance! :) Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Kim
Chubby Cheeks Thinks

Deb said...

So glad you stopped by, Kim! Hope the broccoli casserole was yummy...we like it!! Thanks for becoming a follower...I already follow you and enjoy your blog!!
Enjoy your weekend!!

Leslie said...

I'm a big fan of broccoli too. It's my favorite vegie. Unfortunately the two guys that I live with don't have the same love for it like I do! I'm always looking for good recipes with broccoli in it to sneak into the dinner menu without too many complaints!

I found you over at Friday Follow Over Forty and I'm your newest follower!

Deb said...

JAM,
Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower. I'll be by to check out your blog soon!!

Maybe this recipe will be a sneaky new favorite?? :)