Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Good Grief....Are We Done Yet???

Uh, that would be a no!! Okay, so all the wallpaper is down and the walls are clean of paste and gunk!  I should be painting but....that can't happen just yet.  You see, the wallpaper has been up for over 25 years and when Harley Man steamed it all off...well, we have some pitted walls!!!  No..not his fault at all....it's the darn wallpaper's fault.  Harley Man was a saint to get it all off and I can't thank him enough for all his hard work.  I will NEVER, EVER put up wallpaper again, NEVER!!!




So today, we have the drywall contractor here mudding(skimming is the technical term) the walls to get them all smooth and beautiful again so I can paint.  Yep, more men in the house!!!  It's only 12 days till Christmas, right???  So much for an easy paint project. Nope, panic has not set in just yet!  I mean..I have 11 more days!!!!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, say a prayer for a miracle if you will please!!!  Thank you so much!

By the way, I finished painting the living room walls and all that wood trim is painted!!!  (Forgive the rest...I need to clean the windows and the furniture is still in the trailer) The rails have sealer painted on them!!! Yay, professional painters!!!  I had the painter(he was doing the porch rails) come in to give me an estimate on painting the hallway and dining room (goodness...no wonder they love their work). While looking around he asked me who painted the living room because I they did a really good job! Go, Deb!!!!  At least I have something to celebrate!!! Lol! Now where's that wine bottle???




4 comments:

Debbie said...

I never understand why contractors never "size" the walls before putting on wall paper. That should be a requirement. We have had some horrible experiences pulling off wall paper in the past. Good luck with all the remodeling. Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Deb said...

I know, it should be required!!! I've removed wallpaper several other places but this time...whew what a mess!! Thanks for the supportive words...I need all I can get!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Boy, I have been there with the wallpaper and the pitted walls. What a mess. You did a fabulous job on the living room. Give yourself a big pat on the back and definitely a glass of wine.
Laura

Deb said...

Thanks so much Laura! Yes, it is a mess but looking so much better now that the walls are being skimmed. Hopefully they'll be finished tomorrow and I can get back to painting soon!!!!!!