Whew, Christmas had me in a whirlwind of events!!! I actually put the tree up on Friday (that's what happens when you do refurbishing right before Christmas!!), presents under the tree on Friday and had the house looking a little festive by the time the girls and family arrived the afternoon of Christmas Eve!! Talk about a miracle!!!!
Do you have traditional activities you do at Christmas? We do and it is funny how my girls still expect them to continue each year....it's great!! Due to all the refurbishing work and just getting the house back in some kind of order, we didn't get to participate in one tradition this year which is the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. We did however, have our traditional Christmas Eve dinner together and then Wii bowling until all were ready for bed. We also still have stockings stuffed by Santa for Christmas morning!!
Christmas Day, we had our Christmas breakfast together...then it's opening presents and stockings. Bman found the Christmas Pickle on the tree this year and pocketed $10.00!!! Then we were off to South Carolina for the day to celebrate Christmas at my parent's house with all of our family members and Bubba's family!! Mom and Dad did a beautiful job preparing the house and the awesome meal. Then it was time for "Crazy Santa", a tradition we started 4 years ago!!!!!! It makes Christmas so much fun because we don't have to buy tons of gifts...we each take one $40.00 gift. Crazy Santa is somewhat like Dirty Santa (I changed the name because I just don't like calling it Dirty Santa)!! We started playing Christmas games last year and due to my refurbishing I didn't get to organize these for this year but they will return next year....I already have them printed out and ready to go (lesson learned!!).
The best tradition of all....celebrating Christmas with all of our family members!! Priceless! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas filled with old and new traditions!!!


1 comment:
I am a always looking for ways to create lasting memories. Hopefully, Christmas in South Carolina will be just that. We have so much food, fun and laughter.
Post a Comment