I love having soup in the winter so I'm always looking for new recipes to try. This one is cooked in the Crock Pot and has received rave reviews all over the internet. Yum!!
Ingredients:
6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 quart chicken broth
3 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
1/4 cup butter
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 cup sour cream (optional)
8 slices bacon, fried & crumbled
cheese, for sprinkling
Directions:
1. Combine first seven ingredients in a large crock pot; cover and cook on
HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potatoes should be tender).
2. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly
thickened.
3. Stir in cream, cheese and chives.
4. Top with sour cream (if used), sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.
Nutrition:
553 calories, 37 grams fat, 39 grams carbohydrates, 17 grams protein per serving.


3 comments:
This sounds delicious, Deb! I just made a really yummy soup out of Prevention magazine called Italian Vegetable soup. Chicken broth, green cabbage, white beans, garlic, barley, carrots, celery. And oregano, parsley, thyme, I forget what else. It was really delicious. Have a nice weekend!
Kim,
Your Italian Vegetable Soup sounds delicious. I need to look that one up on Prevention! Thanks for sharing...I am always looking for soup recipes!!
That looks so good
Post a Comment