Good grief....it was hot yesterday!!! Harley Man and I took off on the motorcycle to join our H.O.G. friends for an afternoon ride. With temperatures in the 90's, we headed out to Murray's Mill in Catawba County, Newton, NC. When you are on a motorcycle, the wind temperature plus heat from the motorcycle adds to the overall outdoor temperature....let me tell you, it felt like way over 100 degrees on that bike!!! Call me crazy.... but when the storm clouds moved in I was thrilled!!! Anyways, loved the beautiful country scenery along the way and I thoroughly enjoyed being a passenger for the day!!!
Murray's Mill is a National Register Historic Site. Preserved intact are the 1913 mill itself, the 1890s Murray & Minges General Store, the 1880s Wheathouse, used as an exhibit gallery, the 1913 John Murray House, furnished to the period, and numerous outbuildings. The mill abandoned operation in 1967 due to increased taxes and red tape. To learn more about Murray's Mill, go to: http://www.catawbahistory.org/historic_murrays_mill.php.
Here are some photos from our visit!!
It was a wonderful ride.....but I so enjoyed finally getting inside to some cool air at the end of the day!!!













2 comments:
It's beautiful isn't it? That is right there where I started my teaching career at Bandys High School.
Nancy,
It was beautiful!!! I had no idea that's where you began teaching!!
Post a Comment