Thursday, June 16, 2011

Keep My Kitchen Clean!!

Yeah, I know.....I vowed I'd be updating my cooking skills since January and I have been doing just that...really I have been!  However, I do like to eat out...there's just something about someone else cooking, serving and cleaning up that appeals to me!  Lol!

My friend, Pattie, invited me to meet her for lunch this week.  We decided to meet at Tricia's, a local restaurant here in Lexington.  I've known Tricia for years and she first started out with a catering business.  In 2008, Tricia and John (her hubby) opened Tricia's Restaurant.  She serves lunch each day from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.  Tricia's offers a regular menu of choices but also Daily Specials!  The food was delicious and I enjoyed every morsel!!!  If you haven't been there...you should go!!  Here's a link to her site:  http://www.triciascatering.com/.


If you are in Greensboro and you enjoy Thai food, then check out Rearn Thai Restaurant (5120 W Market St. Greensboro, NC)  Yep, I ate there this week with the family for our weekly "dinner time" outing.  With both my girls now living on their own, we try to find an opportunity for family "dinner time" since that was our favorite time together when the girls were growing up.  Now, I am not a Thai food expert at all but I am up to trying new foods whenever possible.  My youngest, BMan, heard about Rearn so we decided to make that this week's "dinner time" spot.

I do love curry...especially Indian dishes made with curry so I was up for Thai curry this week.  The taste is much sweeter in Thai curry dishes but delicious!  That was my choice.  The rest of the family...their choice was Pad Thai (medium spicy)!!  Let's just say a lot of tea was consumed with their Pad Thai!!  Lol!
(My Thai Curry)


Help keep my kitchen clean....tell me some other places I should visit!! :) 


No comments: