Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Back!!!!!

Yep, I'm back from a wonderful week at Topsail Beach!!!  Prissy and her family, Bman, Harley Man and I went for a relaxing week in the sun, sand and surf.  We decided this vacation would totally be for relaxing so we didn't do excursions to various places...nope, we spent our time under a tent on the beach reading, soaking up the sun and playing in the water!!!  It was awesome!!


I managed to read three books while lounging on the sand and I was in heaven!!  If you haven't read any of the Sarah Addison Allen books yet, you are missing out on some delightful stories!  Prissy and Bman read them as well and were hooked by the first book!



So, I'll be back this week with my posts.  I have an exciting idea I read about for K and 1st grade teachers using Beanie Babies, some more info about our vacation, a recipe or two to share with you and more.  Hope you'll stop by this week and leave a comment or two!  I'd love to hear from you.


6 comments:

Buffie Cullens said...

Welcome home! Thanks for the author recommendation. I've been reading books by Elin Hilderbrand this summer which are all set in the Nantucket area. I look forward reading some more books and I'll let you know how I like them.

Deb said...

Thanks, Buffie. I will check out Elin Hilderbrand's books. Thanks for stopping by today.

Lisa M said...

Glad you guys had fun. Missed you Tuesday night. Which of those books is the best one? Always looking for new authors.

Deb said...

Thanks Lisa! We missed seeing you as well! Oh my...they are all great but if I was to start with one, it would be Garden Spells. She's an NC author and all her books are set in NC.

nancy said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I have taken note. I am enjoying having the time to read things I choose again!

Deb said...

You are welcome, Nancy!!! I know what you mean....choice in reading materials is a great thing! LOL!