Thursday, June 2, 2011

Okay, I Have A Dilemma!!!

I realize this may not be important to most people however, I find myself in a situation where I need to make a choice!!!  The problem...I don't know which one to choose!!  Okay, let me back up a minute and get on track here.

Harley Man thinks it's time to get new carpet for our living room and dining room.  Wow!!! (fanning myself so I won't faint)  Yeah, I know...how is that a problem??  Well, I've been longing for hardwood floors for several years now; I've always had carpet in those rooms so hardwood floors appeal to me at this point.  Get the picture...it's carpet versus hardwood floors.  So I need some help!!!


If you have an opinion about hardwood floors versus carpet, I'd love to have your input.  See, I don't want to investigate cost, installers, etc. until I have a little more information!!!  (Not to mention some convincing words for Harley Man should I need them)  Here's your chance....let me know what you think and why!!!

I'll share more on this dilemma later...for now, please let me hear from you!!!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a problem to have!!!! I really think you would loooovvveee hardwood floors. No longer do you have to suffer through dust and stain there are so many choices and hardwood looks so up to date.

Barbara said...

I vote hardwoods. Easier to clean and maintain. GO for it. Live dangerously. Oh wait you ride motorcycles you all ready live dangerously. :-) Was so good to see you today.

Deb said...

Thanks for your input ladies!!!

Sylvia said...

Hardwood floors should never need to be replaced, get some area rugs and change the decor however often you want for a minimal cost. That should sound good to Harley Man!
We need new flooring too and we both want hardwoods, they just cost more and are probably a little more time consuming to put in.
I vote for hardwood!

Deb said...

Thanks Sylvia!!! Some really good points you have there!! Yes, the cost is a minus but....they'll last forever. Just think of the money I've saved us!! LOL!!

Savvyworkinggal said...

We ripped out the carpet throughout most of our house a few years ago and I love our hardwards. I like the look and so much easier to clean. I would never go back.

Stopping in from the tea party.

Deb said...

Savvy,
Thanks for the input!!!

Classic NYer said...

Ever get a wine stain on a hard wood floor? There's your answer. :-)

Stopping in from the LBS tea party, and happy to help.

Anonymous said...

Hardwood Floors all the way! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I hope you have a great week! :)

Just One Donna said...

We took all the wall-to-wall carpeting out of our house mainly because I couldn't stand not being comfortable the floors were clean. Vacuuming and occasional carpet cleaning were just not good enough for me. I love our hardwood floors and would never go back to carpeting.