Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hidden Treasures!

This week while organizing one of the bedrooms in my house, I came across some boxes of old photos.  I have always loved taking photographs of family, special events...you name it.  As I sat looking through the old photos, memories of what was going on at the time those photos were taken flooded my thoughts.  It's hard to believe how quickly time goes by and those photos were a concrete reminder!!

For years, I've kept saying I was going to get those photos into albums but there never seemed to be enough time to get it done.  I have 4 albums I did get completed but still have many photos not in an album.  Of course, these are photos done with old style cameras...not like today when everything can be put digitally onto a cd or thumbdrive.  So this week I purchased some photo albums to begin getting those old photos organized.

I scanned some of them and sent them to my daughters via Facebook!!  Who'd have thought years ago that would even be a possibility!!  What fun we had discussing when they were taken and what was going on!!  I laughed over and over at their reactions.  I even found some of my class photos taken when I was teaching.  Oh my...how time does fly by and how I've changed and my former students have changed!!  lol  Most of my former students are now married with children of their own. (Yep...it's true!!)  :)

Once the albums are finished, I can't wait to share them with my daughters.  I know we'll all enjoy recapturing the memories of those "good ole days"!!  Oh by the way, I even found some tapes my daughters recorded when they were young!!  What a hoot it was to listen to a 4 year old and an 8 year old as they recorded what they thought was important at the time.  But that's another story for another day!!

So here's to old photos and the fun they still bring!! 

No comments: