Since I've started this blog, she and I have weekly conversations about recipes we'll be trying and recommendations. Oh... you better believe, she reads this blog to make sure I'm not holding out on her!! lol Anyway, Bree sent me some recipes and I'd like to share those with you today. Thanks for sharing with me Bree!!
Quick Rice
Ingredients:
1 pkg sliced mushrooms
1 10.5 oz can French Onion Soup
10.5 oz beef broth (low sodium helps it not taste so salty)
Garlic powder
Butter
Uncle Ben's instant brown rice - 1 cup
Directions:
Saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender. (I cut mine up so they'd be bite size but you could cook them sliced right out of the pkg).
Add the can of soup and beef broth to the mushrooms.
Add garlic powder to taste and add rice.
Bring to a boil; then cover and reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes. Depends on the rice you buy... basically just keep taking the lid off and stirring occasionally until the rice is tender and has absorbed the liquid.
Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops
Bree recommends doubling this sauce recipe for best results!!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Submitted By: Teresa King Cook Time: 1 Hour Servings: 6
Ingredients:

6 pork loin or rib chops, 3/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider recommended)
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup hot water
Directions:
Place chops in a heavy cast-iron skillet. Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 1 hour. Can make using chicken breasts as substitute for pork chops.
Bon Appétit!!



No comments:
Post a Comment