I know this to be true because yesterday I was touched with a "Random Act of Kindness" by a teacher friend. Let me tell you, it was so unexpected!!. I was at home working when the doorbell rang. There at the door was a local florist. In her hands she held a vase full of beautiful "spring" flowers. Talk about shocked...
Anyway, I took the flowers and proceeded to the kitchen. A card was attached, so I anxiously opened it to see who was so thoughtful to send me flowers. Now please understand, my daughters send me flowers at various times and I am always touched at their thoughtfulness and kindness...so, of course, I was pretty sure the flowers were from them. Nope..not this particular day.
As I opened the card, I read the note written by my teacher friend and it brought tears to my eyes. She sent me flowers to congratulate me on my new phase of life. This was such an unexpected gesture and I was so touched she would take time to send me flowers!! She is not only a wonderful teacher but also a wonderful friend. It was such an amazing "random act of kindness"!!!
So...thank you "Ms. Judy" for the wonderful "random act of kindness" you bestowed upon me!


No comments:
Post a Comment