Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Look What I Found!!!

This week I shared some information with a few of my teacher buddies about companies currently having sweepstake entries for schools.  That got me thinking....wonder if there are any other education sweepstakes or grants out there right now??  So I did a little research and found a few companies currently accepting entries or grant proposals!!!  With funding for education always on the "chopping block", I've found it never hurts to enter or apply for any of these.  Donors Choose is a perfect example and my teacher buddies have all been extremely successful with their proposals!!  Hope some of you decide to check these sites out...let me know how it goes!!!



Discovery Education Technology:  http://www.sweepstakeslovers.com/sweepstakes/?p=cdwg.discoveryeducation.com/wawl/

Target Grant/Reading:  http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-031821#

Target Grant/Arts& Culturehttp://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-031819

Verizon Education/Literacy:  http://foundation.verizon.com/grant/guidelines.shtml

Bright Ideas:  http://www.ncbrightideas.com/Home.aspx

Digital Wish (similar to Donors Choose but Technology Oriented):  http://www.digitalwish.com/dw/digitalwish/grant_awards

Special Needs Teachers:  http://www.mossfoundation.org/mossfoundation.org/paged708.html?id=3




While searching for grant and sweepstakes opportunities, I also found a few sites offering free lesson plans.  Perhaps you will find some resources on these sites for use with your students or fellow teachers!!

Verizon Site for Free Lesson Plans:  http://www.thinkfinity.org/

Technology Blog with Free Resources for Teachers:  http://www.freetech4teachers.com


No comments: