It was a cooking marathon because we both wanted to get going and spend our day together efficiently!! So..with recipes in hand, I drove to her new apartment ready to cook up a storm. By the end of the day we'd conquered: shopping at Food Lion for supplies, making my chili recipe, my chicken and rice recipe, tacos and egg salad! Whew...I never knew so many things could be prepared all at the same time! She was a trooper and kept up with me the whole day. LOL!!!
Now she has a freezer full of homecooked meals. Believe it or not...she wants to do it again in a couple of weeks!! So...I'll be going back (since I was invited to return) and maybe next time I won't make her do a marathon...hmm but then again you never know!!
Here's the chili recipe I shared with her:
Deb’s Chili Recipe
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
½ onion, chopped
½ green pepper, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1-2 can tomato sauce
2-4 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cumin
1-2 cans kidney beans
Directions:
Cook ground beef, onion, and green pepper in large skillet until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Stir in remaining ingredients except kidney beans.
Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours, stir occasionally. Then stir in beans and heat.
Bon Appétit!!



No comments:
Post a Comment