Anyway, we were having dinner with our daughters when he announced "I have a hard time understanding some of the posts." After further discussion, we realized he was talking about all the abbreviations used by the post writers. This was the source of his frustration...not being able to interpret the abbreviations so he could fully understand the content!!! In other words...2M2H ( too much to handle)!
In this day of texting, tweeting, IM, email, posts and chats, there is an abundance of "shorthand" used to deliver written messages to others. With more than 82 million people texting these days, it's no wonder there are so many abbreviations! Texting abbreviations take less character space and allow one to communicate lots of information quickly. So I've found a site that will help him interpret all the abbreviations in an attempt to alleviate some of his frustration!
As for me, I still like to write without lots of texting abbreviations....in my opinion it's important to use complete words when writing our communication to others. Now that doesn't mean I don't occasionally use the abbreviations nor does it mean I think it's wrong for people to use them. It just means I don't want to spend all my time looking at a chart or memorizing lots of shortcuts!! However; my husband will be happy to finally know what they are talking about!!
B4N (Bye For Now) :)



No comments:
Post a Comment