Friday, January 7, 2011

What's On Your Bookshelf?

Reading is another one of my passions and for years I consumed material related to education: new ideas for teaching reading, best practices for classroom instruction, leadership, etc.  Oh, I do love those fiction books written by Anne Rice, Barbara Delinsky, Debbie Macomber and others but the majority of my reading was focused around education. 
Wanting to broaden my scope I decided to purchase a book about retirement...imagine that!!!  I ordered "How to Retire Happy, Wild, and Free" by Ernie Zelinski.  I've been reading this book on and off for several days and believe it or not...it is a book everyone should read.  Yes twenty-somethings and over...you should read this book!!!  Why??  you may ask.  Well, it's a book that provides food for thought about our careers, hobbies, personal assessment and more.  Even though it speaks to the subject of retirement, it's also a book geared toward enjoying life to the fullest!!  Many of the ideas can be implemented whether you are retiring, planning for retirement or currently working.  No..it isn't geared toward the financial aspect; it's geared towards all aspects of life: leisure activities, creative pursuits, physical well-being, mental well-being and social support.  Just a good book to get your thoughts going and ways you can enrich your life for now and for later!!
Of course, I am always open to reading suggestions....so if you have a book suggestion I'd be more than happy to hear about it!!!

Happy Reading to All,

1 comment:

Buffie Cullens said...

My favorite read of 2010 was The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I'm in a book club and it was one of our selections. If you haven't read it, you must!