Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh, The Places I'll Go

One of my favorite past times is riding my Roadking.  I began to ride "my own" bike in 2002 after riding "two up" with my husband for many, many years.  I started out on a Yamaha Roadstar, advanced to a Harley Low Rider and currently my Harley Roadking.  Who would have thought I'd be riding my own motorcycle!!! 
I belong to the Salisbury H.O.G. Club and joining that group was such a wonderful thing!  The friendships I've made with other riders over the years has enriched my life.  We've had such adventures traveling all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia on our bikes.  I never knew there were so many wonderful places to visit in our state. 
One of my favorite places is Fancy Gap, off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.  If you are looking for a mini getaway, that's the place to visit.  There is a wonderful place to stay called Lonesome Pine Cabins.  There are 12 authentic log cabins to choose from and let me tell you, it's better than staying at any hotel!!!  We stayed in the "Walker Mountain Cabin" which had a jacuzzi, fireplace, wet bar and much more.  Attractions to visit nearby are abundant: Mabry Mill, Chateau Morrisette Winery, Villa Appalachia Winery, and many more.  So if you love the mountains and just need to get away, even for one night, check out Lonesome Pine Cabins.  It's well worth it!!!




No comments: