Thursday, January 20, 2011

Whose Keeping Me On My Toes??

One of the adventures I decided to have upon retiring was learning to blog...not something I'd ever thought of doing until recently.  So with great enthusiasm, I forged ahead and signed up to start a blog.  Now you need to remember this was all new to me, so I had to find a blog site, pick a design and figure out what all the gadgets were...let me tell you it took some time!!! 

Okay, mission accomplished...the blog was set up; now all I had to do was decide what to write.  Not being a writer, I decided to pick some topics I thought might be of interest to others.  I mainly hoped to share ideas, places of interest, new projects or whatever came along.  Armed with a couple of ideas, I started New Adventures 2011 not knowing exactly what to expect.

Then came a brilliant thought...who would know I was writing a blog???  Who would read my blog??  Hmm, another brilliant thought...I'll post it on my Facebook page!!  What was I thinking??  (Well, I really wanted to try my hand at writing and this would be a pretty safe way to experiment without making a total fool of myself!)  LOL!!!!!

With these brilliant thoughts, the blog was a go.  I posted it on my Facebook page and hoped for the best.  What I didn't realize was it takes some thought and preparation to do a blog!!  Duhhhh...another brilliant thought!  Let me tell you, it's not always easy to have an idea to blog about on a daily basis.  So I've had a few days go by without writing on my blog or posting it.  I believe the technical term is "writer's block" but I prefer to call it "brain freeze" at my age!! :)

Well, the next thing I know, my two daughters are talking about my new blog!  Seems they can't believe I am blogging...you know " Mom?? Blog??  Get Real!!"  Hey, at least they are reading it, right??  So now the pressure is on...have to show my two daughters I am capable of doing this blog!!  I mean....hey, I can learn new things!!  So now I have an audience...never mind some of  the audience is related to me.

I've done pretty well maintaining my blog posts for the past few weeks, if I do say so myself.  Then it came, the dreaded "brain freeze" so I didn't post a blog.  Big mistake...seems my "family audience" was ready to pounce!!  Next thing I know, my two wonderful daughters are posting on Facebook asking where's my blog for the day???  Okay, that's cool I think.  Oh no....they decide it's time to bash me!!!  Can you imagine that...my own flesh and blood??  Yep, they did just that but me being the mature one...I can take it.  You know why?  Those two young women keep me on my toes!!  I love them both for that.

There will be many more "brain freezes" in my future, I'm sure of that.  However; I have two blog readers that will continue to make sure I step it up!!!  What would I do without them??  Here's to daughters who read their mom's blog and make sure it gets updated!!  Love you girls!!  Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

No comments: