Actually, it wasn't really that bad because for one of the dishes I used my slow cooker. I made "Slow Cooker Beef Stew" and it was pretty good if I do say so myself. This is one of those recipes you just put in the slow cooker and go on to other things. My kind of cooking I must say!!
The other dish was a chicken loaf which is along the same concept as meatloaf. When I told my oldest daughter what I was making her reaction was "Chicken Loaf????"!! So I decided to share these two recipes with you this week. Let me tell you, when that chicken loaf was done it was absolutely beautiful. Of course, I didn't have my camera in the kitchen...imagine that...so I didn't get a photo of it for my blog. (Note to self...keep that camera handy at all times!!) We'll be having the chicken loaf this evening so I'll let you know my critic's reaction. Hopefully it will taste as good as it looks!!
Remember, if you have a great recipe you're willing to share, I'll gladly accept it. You can email it to me or post it in the comment section of this blog. You could save me tons of time!! LOL
Bon Appétit!!

Slow Cooker Beef Stew:
Ingredients
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
Directions
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Chicken Loaf:
Chicken Loaf isn't exactly a meatloaf because it's made with cooked chopped chicken. And it isn't really a casserole, because you cut it into slices.
Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups soft fresh bread crumbs
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup wheat germ or oat bran
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Then add carrot and celery; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 5-6 minutes longer.
Add flour, marjoram, salt, and pepper and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Gradually add milk and chicken broth, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
Remove from heat and add chicken. Then stir in bread crumbs, eggs, wheat germ, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 55-65 minutes until mixture is set. Cover and let stand 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pan. Unmold the loaf onto serving platter. Serve with cranberry sauce or mustard sauce, if desired. Serves 6
Add flour, marjoram, salt, and pepper and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Gradually add milk and chicken broth, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
Remove from heat and add chicken. Then stir in bread crumbs, eggs, wheat germ, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 55-65 minutes until mixture is set. Cover and let stand 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of the pan. Unmold the loaf onto serving platter. Serve with cranberry sauce or mustard sauce, if desired. Serves 6



No comments:
Post a Comment