Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh, The Places I'll Go- Polar Bear Ride

Each year on January 1st, our Salisbury Harley Owners Group plans a Polar Bear Ride to a destination for a traditional New Year's Day meal.  I've participated in these rides for the past 6 years, sometimes riding my motorcycle and other times riding in my car.  The Polar Bear Ride takes place regardless of the weather conditions!!  So over the years I've ridden my motorcycle in 20-50 degree weather, rain, sunny conditions, you name it.  However; this year I rode in my car due to the foggy conditions on New Year's Day.

Usually we have at least 40 or more people participate in this ride.  We meet in Salisbury, prior to lunchtime, on New Year's Day and then head out to our destination.  We've ridden several years to Mooresville, NC to have our traditional meal at Fat Boy's (mainly because they serve all the New Year's Day traditions plus have room for all of us)!! 

The past three years we've ridden to Denton, NC to partake in the New Year's Day traditions at " The Classic Restaurant".  It's buffet style and they also have plenty of room for our large group.  There's nothing fancy about this restaurant; it's just a nice place with plenty of good Southern food!!  We have a great time eating and socializing for a couple of hours.  If you love fried chicken...this is the place to go!!


So next time you're in Denton, NC, you might want to try "The Classic Restaurant".

No comments: